This Is The Place - Help
Getting Started Tutorial
This is some basic information for first time visitors to the website, to help you get started, learn more about the website, and find your way around.
Learn about Adding a Place
Adding a Place is the first step in adding a story to the website and can be done in three simple steps.
Learn about Adding a Story
Everyone can share their stories on This is the Place : Ko Tenei Te Wahi - it's easy!
Here are some basic tips to help you find your way around our website..
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the questions we are being asked most about the website. If you have other questions, please contact us.
- Who can add content to the website?
- How do I register, and do I have to pay?
- Is this a commercial site?
- Will my information be safe on the website?
- Who decides what content can go on the site?
- Does the content of the stories still belong to me even after I’ve put them on the website?
- How do I find a place on the website?
- Can I put photos on my story?
- Can I add stories on behalf of someone else?
- How many stories can I add?
- Will the website change in the future?
This glossary has been divided into technical language, to explain some of the technical functions behind the website, and Maori language, to translate some of the untranslated Maori words used in the website. Many of these words are commonly used in everyday language, and often have no exact English translation, but rather have several meanings or interpretations.
Editorial Policies and Guidelines
This is a guide to explain guidelines for content on the website, to make sure the stories that are added can be enjoyed by all.
Privacy Statement and Disclaimer
Website Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for using this web site.